Recipe by Naiya Sheth: I heard a lot about Bombay Chapati Sandwich. And finally yesterday I made it. Yes, it's very delicious and of course healthy sandwich recipe. In this homemade recipe instead of bread, chapati-roti is used. And the best part is that left over roti-chapati can be used. In short, Bombay Chapati Sandwich is a great combination of taste and health.
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time 5 to 7 minutes
Makes 2 chapati sandwiches
Ingredients to make Bombay Chapati Sandwich:
(I used normal wheat roti but refined flour roti can be used)
1 cucumber sliced
2 onion sliced
1 capsicum thin sliced
1 tomato sliced
1 beetroot thin sliced
2 boiled potato sliced
Salt to taste
2 teaspoon black pepper powder
2 to 3 teaspoon sandwich masalo or chaat masalo
Green chutney as needed
Grated cheese as needed
Tomato ketchup as needed
Butter as needed
Method to make Bombay Chapati Sandwich:
- Place a chapati on working place and apply green chutney over it.
- Place sliced cucumber, beet and potato over it. Place some dots of tomato ketchup over it. Sprinkle some salt, pepper powder and sandwich masalo over it. Cover with grated cheese.
- Now cover it with another chapati and again spread green chutney over it. Now time to place onion, cabbage, tomato over it. Again tomato ketchup and sprinkle salt, pepper powder n sandwich masalo.
- Spread grated cheese and cover with the last chapati.
- Shallow fry carefully on non-stick griddle/tavi with butter until light crisp.
- At last garnish with grated cheese and tomato ketchup.
- Cut and serve healthy and delicious Bombay Chapati Sandwich.