Preparation time - 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time - 20 to 25 minutes
Serves - 2 persons
Ingredients to make Aloo Tikki:
2 to 3 boiled and mashed potatoes
salt to taste
1 green chilli finely chopped
1/2 cup bead crumbs
1/2 cup mung dal
2 tea spoon oil
1/4 tea spoon ginger paste
2 to 3 green chillies
A pinch turmeric powder
A pinch asafoetida
Salt to taste
1 tea spoon lemon juice
Oil for frying
To serve with:
Finely chopped onion
Finely chopped coriander leaves
For masala curd:
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder
Roasted cumin powder
Method to make Aloo Chaat:
For tikki - outer layer:
- Mix boiled and mashed potato with salt and green chilli.
- Add some bread crumbs if needed. Knead to smooth paste and keep a side covered.
- Wash and soak mung dal for 2 to 3 hours in warm water. Cook them in a pressure cooker for just one whistle only.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida, green chillies and ginger to it. After that add boiled mung dal. (make sure mung dal is not over cooked.)
- Add salt and turmeric powder to it. Mix well and at last add lemon juice and mix well.
- Let it cool to room temp.
How to proceed:
- Make equal size balls from potato mixture.
- Make equal parts from stuffing.
- Take outer layer ball on palm and make it flat, place stuffing over it and seal it properly.
- Make a flat tikki from it. Repeat the same for remaining.
- Roll tikki in bread crumbs and fry in hot oil till light brown. To avoid frying shallow fry it with less oil.
- When ready drain over an absorbent tissue.
To make masala curd:
- Beat curd properly.
- Mix all ingredients of masala curd and mix well.
How to serve:
- In a serving bowl place some masala curd and then place hot tikki over it.
- Spread some green and sweet chutney over it. Sprinkle some chaat masalo over it and then garnish with onion, pomegranate, sev and coriander.
- Hot and mouth watering Aloo Chaat is ready to serve. Serve immediately.