Preparation time - 10 minutes
Baking time - 15 minutes
Ingredients to make Masala Crispies:
1 cup refined flour
3 tablespoon ghee or butter
2 tablespoon curd
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (roughly crushed)
1/2tea spoon black pepper powder (roughly crushed)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Oil for frying (opt.)
Finely chopped onion
Finely chopped tomato
Finely chopped Capsicum
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Red chilli powder
Black pepper powder
- In a big mixing bowl mix all the ingredients of crispies and make the dough. If required add one or two spoons cold water.
- Cover it with a wet cloth for 10 minutes.
- Make small balls from it and roll small medium thick puries from it. Prick them with fork or knife.
- In a baking dish spread butter paper and spread puries over it.
- Bake them in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown at 180` c temp.
- Remove from oven and let it cool at room temp.
- Tasty Masala Crispies are ready to serve.
- Apply topping as required or serve as it is with tea or coffee.
Tips for Masala Crispies:
- You can fry this instead of baking.
- Instead of black pepper powder add chilly flacks and oregano.
- Kasuri methi also tastes very good with tea.